I am very happy to welcome you to my web page and to introduce myself and my work to you. I have extensive experience helping children, adolescents and adults navigate life transitions. My work combines cutting edge innovative techniques with a broad assortment of traditional approaches. As a certified trauma specialist I work with both acute and complex trauma issues, with the understanding that trauma truly is in the eye of the beholder. And, with over 30 years in the study of spirituality and comparative religion I bring expertise in spiritual discernment and deeply compassionate attention to life’s challenges.
My approach to therapy is interactive, dynamic and empowering, relying on strong intuitive and empathetic skills to help individuals, couples and families draw on internal resources to effect purposeful change. It is truly my belief that the answers lie within and that my job is to facilitate and support the emergence of the strength and wisdom that is already there.
• BS in Psychology, with major emphasis in Comparative Religion
• MS in Educational Psychology with clinical emphasis
• Certified Trauma Specialist since 1995
• Training in EMDR level II and Brainspotting (a warp-drive form of EMDR)
• Extensive training in hypnosis, guided imagery and active imagination
• Training at the CG Jung Institute, Evanston in dream work, Jungian
• Psychology and shadow work.
• Training in EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) ie: using acupressure points to effect emotional change.
• Training in Psych-K, an innovative approach using Applied Kinesiology to identify and transform unconscious beliefs.
• Training in both Western and Eastern forms of meditation, having taught meditation and spiritual arts since 1974.
• Comprehensive training in family systems and Imago-based relationship modalities which see relationships as opportunity for great personal change.
• Training in complementary mind/body and energy therapies
• Training in multiple forms of Qi Gong (a soft martial art which directs internal energy for health, performance enhancement and longevity)
• T’ai chi, yoga and breath work.
• Certified in Eriksonian Hypnosis
• Extensive training in guided imagery and active imagination
• Training in Jungian psychology, dreamwork and shadow work.