I am very pleased to have an opportunity to introduce myself and my work to you. I’ve practiced in the metropolitan Milwaukee community for over 30 years in several capacities and with a variety of populations, including oncology and hospice work, group-home work with adolescents, inpatient treatment and over 25 years of outpatient psychotherapy. I very simply love having the privilege to work with people in resolving short and longer term conflicts, relationship skill building, managing stressors and challenges and facing the inevitable changes that we all journey though. My work rests on the belief that each person carries the potential for deep contentment and joy, whatever life’s circumstances, and the art of psychotherapy can be an essential tool in achieving that contentment.
My approach is quite eclectic, incorporating psychodynamic, family systems theory and self-psychology in an insight oriented style in the treatment of anxiety, depression and other mood disorders as well as trauma recovery and post-traumatic stress disorder treatment. I believe that there can be a successful ‘marriage’ of both medical and intuitive/spiritual knowledge and work closely with clients’ physicians should medication be indicated by symptoms which interrupt functioning and wellness. Add to this ‘talk therapy’, education, support, relaxation skills, guided imagery & visualization, medication & mindfulness and centering skills. I enjoy working with most ages, from later adolescence through the later life years, tailoring the therapy to and with the individual.
Additionally, the impact of life’s challenges and struggles over the life span often call us to seek support and a fresh perspective in our relationships. I so enjoy working with people of all orientations on in-depth relationship and marital and family therapy, encouraging all parties to explore, in a mutual, honest and collaborative style, the profound level of impact that these deep connections have on us all. We at Therapies East Associates can also offer conjoint couples work that simultaneously provide each individual the therapeutic support needed as well as the opportunity to do the work of relationships in joint sessions. This also affords us the option of providing safety and mutual respect during times of difficult change such as separation and divorce where my training in Collaborative Divorce and mediation skills can be helpful.
Whatever the issue, need or personal goal, I am committed to working with you towards nurturing an emotional presence to oneself and others in a safe context. I would be delighted to meet with you to determine the possibility of working together.
- Family Systems Perspective
- Stress Management
- Mindfulness/Meditation/relaxation skills
- Mediation/Collaborative Divorce
- Adjustment to Life Changes/Illness
- Grief, Loss and Bereavement Support and Recovery
- Adolescents and Adults
- Individuals, Couples and Families
- Blending and Blended Families
- LGBTQ and Transgender
- Women’s and Men’s issues over the Lifespan
- Aging Adults
- Mood disorders including anxiety & panic, depression, & bipolar disorders
- Attachment disorders
- Adjustment and Behavioral issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & trauma recovery
- Relationship & Marital/Couples issues
- Sexuality and intimacy issues
- Communication, empathy and assertiveness skills
- Family and blended family issues
- Parenting skills & challenges
- Separation/Divorce/Family adjustment
- Transitions & growth over the lifespan
- Self -esteem/wellness
- Occupational issues/stressors/changes
- Chronic and terminal illness/support and adjustment
- Grief and bereavement processing
“If you focus on the hurt, you will continue to suffer. If you focus on the lesson, you will continue to grow.” – Buddhist quote